1. Consultation - Your first appointment consists of visiting with our physician about your pain history and reviewing all prior pain procedures, medications etc. You will also receive a trial treatment with the Calmare® MC-5A device.
2. Calmare® 10 Treatment Cycle - Our standard regimen is 5 treatments a week for two consecutive weeks for a total of 10 treatments. Studies have revealed that this treatment regimen provides the patient with the longest duration of pain relief.
3. Intermittent “Boost” Treatments-after your initial 10 treatment session some patients may require a shorter course of 2-3 “boost” treatments on an intermittent basis to continue to experience pain relief.
1. Each treatment sessions lasts for 45 minutes.
2. Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing that allows easy access to the area of pain that needs to be treated. Gowns are available if needed but most patients feel more comfortable wearing their own clothing.
3. Avoid applying lotions, creams, powders or ointments to the area(s) to be treated for pain.
4. Continue your medications that you currently use for pain. If you take Lyrica (Pregabalin) of Neurontin (Gabapentin) we will work with you on reducing your dosage after your treatment cycle has begun. Your treatments will be much more effective if you are able to reduce these medications.
5. Bring a book, magazine or music player to help you pass the time.